20 Teachers Job Opportunities At Grumeti Fund – The Grumeti Fund is a Tanzanian non-profit organization that works with government, community, and institutional stakeholders as well as local and international partners to conserve wildlife in and around Grumeti Concession area (Ikorongo and Grumeti Game Reserves and part of Ikona WMA).
The Grumeti Fund also promotes and implements various community outreach and livelihood improvement programs. Grumeti Concessions fall within Serengeti and Bunda Districts in Mara Region.
Of the 22 villages that are adjacent to the Concession area, 13 are located in Serengeti District whereas the other 9 are in Bunda.
FELLOWSHIP OPPORTUNITY – TEACHING SUPPORT PROGRAM
DATE OF ADVERTISEMENT 19th NOVEMBER 2021
OPPORTUNITY FELLOW TEACHERS (20)
DEPARTMENT COMMUNITY OUTREACH PROGRAM (COP)
DUTY STATION SERENGETI AND BUNDA DISTRICTS – MARA REGION, TANZANIA
REPORTING LINE HEAD OF DEPARTMENT- COP
The Community Outreach department is implementing interventions under three focal areas.
These are education support (scholarships & teaching support), rural enterprise development, and environmental awareness in both districts.
Collectively, these outreach programs aim at enhancing secure livelihoods, improving household incomes, promoting sustainable living and better environmental stewardship thereby improving community wellbeing as well as enabling harmonious co-existence of people, wildlife and their environment.
About Teaching Support Fellowship Program
Through Community Outreach Program, Grumeti Fund is running a fellowship teaching program in primary schools within Serengeti and Bunda districts.
The aim of this fellowship program is to help address shortage of teachers in primary schools around Grumeti Concessions.
These advertised fellowship opportunities are for applicants who are qualified and able to effectively teach English.
This fellowship program is part of Grumeti Fund’s support to enhance learning outcomes for children and youth in Serengeti and Bunda districts.
Successful applicants (teaching support fellows) will be assigned to needy schools where they are expected to compliment teaching in collaboration with resident teachers in respective schools.
Grumeti Fund is looking for qualified applicants who will volunteer in this program for the period of twelve months.
This is not an employment but Grumeti Fund will provide a modest stipend to successful applicants to supplement their basic living expenses while serving on the program as teaching support fellows.
Qualifications and abilities required for Job Opportunities Fellow Teacher at Grumeti Fund
Interested applicants for this program should possess and able to demonstrate the following qualifications and attributes
1. Bachelor Degree in Education majoring in English, Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics
2. Excellent command of English language (both spoken and written) is a must.
3. Ability to teach effectively, including through employing required methodologies and innovative approaches in selected subjects
4. Ability to use basic computer applications like Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point
5. Solid commitment to program goals is a must
6. Only prospective candidates who graduates from 2018-2020 need to apply.
7. Be able to live and work in remote areas of Serengeti and Bunda districts 8. Ability to work as a team with resident teachers, learners, and the community.
9. Passion for conservation is an added advantage.
10. Possession of sports, artistic and or unique academic talents is an added advantage
Mode of application for Job Opportunities Fellow Teacher at Grumeti Fund 2021
Interested applicants who meets the above qualifications should submit their applications letters, CVs and copies of their academic certificates, including at least three (3) contact persons to: [email protected]; or by postal mail addressed to:
HEAD OF DEPARTMENT
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT
P.O.BOX 65, MUGUMU, SERENGETI, TANZANIA.
Deadline for receiving applications is 4th December 2021.