BRELA Registration Of Trade Mark And Service Marks 2024/2025
BRELA Registration Of Trade Mark And Service Marks 2024/2025, Jinsi ya kusajili Logo ya Kampuni Brela, BRELA How to register Trade Mark And Service Marks 2024/2025,
Meaning of Trade and Service Marks
A mark is a distinctive sign that serves to distinguish similar goods and/or services of one enterprise from those of other enterprises.
Importance of Protection of Marks
1. Promotion of brand competition hence competing for higher quality goods/services in the market.
2. To maintain the association between the trademark and the Product or service, thereby preventing unfair competition
3. Market information of the product/service becomes accurate.
4. Fosters consumer confidence and the development of high quality industries.
5. Recognizes the commercial source of products and services.
Requirements for Registrations of trade or Service marks
1. An applicant must be registered as Tanzania Citizen by providing a National ID
2. An applicant and every person to be included must provide an email address and cellphone number
1. Image of the mark
2. Consolidated Form
3. Form No 1 for application to be filed by Agent
1. Application Fee 50,000/-
2. Publication fee in the Journal 15,000/-
3. Registration Plus Maintenance Fee 65,000/-
PROCEDURES ON HOW TO APPLY FOR TRADEMARK REGISTRATION CERTIFICATE THROUGH ONLINE SYSTEM (ORS)
1. Visit BRELA Website, That is; www.brela.go.tz or go direct to http://ors.brela.go.tz/ors
2. Create an Online Registration System (ORS) Account (one must have National Identification Number from NIDA in order to create an account for new users) and if you have an account you can directly login to the system through New E-service for registered users
3. Select New-e-service window of ORS
4. Select Trade and Service Marks in order to apply for a Trademark registration certificate.
5. Select Filing of other documents about Trade/Service Mark and proceed
6. Choose Filing type F6 Fee for registration of a mark TM/SM8 and add Trade/Service Mark number ( eg. TZ/T/2020/100) then click the search button and proceed.
7. Fill in the item labeled Representative Statement by writing the name of the applicant which can either be a natural person or legal entity and proceed.
8. Attach form no TM/SM 8 on the attachment option and click the agreement button to proceed
9. Proceed to payment of Registration fees of Tshs 60,000/= and Maintenance fees of Tshs 5000/= Through Electronic Mode; M-PESA, TIGO PESA, AIRTEL MONEY , NMB, or CRDB Account
BRELA will communicate by sending registration certificate to the Applicant ORS Account on the printout platform