Central University of Technology CUT Online Application
CUT is the foremost higher education institution in the heartland of South Africa. The university has two campuses – one in Bloemfontein, the judicial capital of South Africa, and one in Welkom, in the heart of the Free State goldfields.
The two campuses offer education opportunities in a number of technological fields, including science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM); management sciences; humanities; and education.
The university (then still known as the “Technikon Free State”) opened its doors in 1981, with 285 students enrolled in mainly secretarial, art and design programmes. Today, the institution boasts more than 21 000 students who have decided to make CUT their academic partner in earning a qualification and gaining appropriate work-integrated learning to equip and prepare them for professional practice.
With the restructuring of the higher education landscape in 2004, CUT embraced its new status as a university of technology (UoT), positioning itself to succeed as such. The qualifications on offer reside in four faculties, namely Faculty of Health and Environmental Sciences; Faculty of Humanities; Faculty of Engineering, Built Environment and Information Technology (IT); and Faculty of Management Sciences.
The university offers certificates and diplomas at undergraduate level, as well as advanced diplomas, postgraduate diplomas at honours level, and master’s and doctoral degrees in order to increase the production of world-class postgraduate programmes and high-quality outputs for research.
Mission & Vision
CUT has a new vision and strategic trajectory for the year 2030 and the Vision statement is:
By 2030, Central University of Technology, Free State will be a leading African University of Technology, shaping the future through innovation.
CUT remains committed to the core values of ubuntu, integrity, diversity, innovation and excellence, as well as the institution’s transformation agenda.
- To create a harmonious community conducive to teaching and learning.
- To produce work-ready, entrepreneurial and holistic graduates.
- To develop a strong culture of research and innovation.
- To attract, develop and retain staff as the university’s most important asset.
- To build strategic partnerships that contribute to the achievement of the university’s goals.
- To ensure institutional sustainability, expand streams of income, and enhance the CUT brand.
- To promote good governance, human rights and social justice.
In aspiring to fulfil its vision, the reimagined CUT, as a university of technology:
<> delivers high-quality, appropriate science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) academic programmes, as well as those in management sciences, education and humanities, supported by applied research;
<> engages with the community for mutually beneficial development;
<> promotes access with success in attracting potentially successful students, and supporting them to become employable and job-creating graduates;
<> attracts and retains high-quality students and expert staff, and supports their development and well-being; and
<> forges strategic partnerships that are mutually beneficial.
The core values of the University are:
Important questions to be asked: Do I always place the people I serve first? Do I demonstrate that I am able to empathize with others and put myself in their shoes?
Important questions to be asked: Do I practice what I preach? Am I ethical and professional? Do I always uphold conduct that is informed by respect, honesty and dignity?
Important questions to be asked: Do I have an understanding regarding the definition of diversity in my context? Have I created an environment to support diversity?
Important questions to be asked: Is this the best way/method/process/product? Have I thought about doing it differently? How creative am I? Do I always think of new ideas and approaches to doing things? Have I challenged the status quo?
Important questions to be asked: Do I continuously strive to improve on previous efforts? Was this my best effort? Do I strive for excellence at all times and in all that I do?
The motto of CUT is Thinking beyond.
CUT’s understanding of its mandate as a University of Technology includes:
- Technology (STEM) and workplace-focused programmes.
- Compulsory work-integrated learning (WIL).
- Career-focused education.
- Entrepreneurial focus.
- Applied research.
- Innovation eco-system for economic and social development.
- Sustainability in engagement with business, industry, government.
- National and international impact and recognition.
What documents should I have ready for application?
<> Current Matriculants: upload Final Grade 11 results or June results.
<> Already Matriculated applicants: you will have to upload your certified ID and Senior Certificate.
<> Higher Qualifications than matric: you will have to upload your certified ID, Senior Certificate, your qualification(s) and study record.
<> Postgraduate Applicants: Visit the Head of the Department / Assistant Deans, Research Innovation and Engagement to discuss research project for Masters or Doctorate study before applying online, see link for more information https://www.cut.ac.za/graduate-school.
HOW TO APPLY ONLINE APPLICATION
Applicants may also apply online by clicking http://online.central.edu.gh to buy an E-voucher for GH100.00 (for Ghanaian applicants) or the cedi equivalent of US 100.00 (for foreign applicants) at Ecobank branches.
Use the PIN and SERIAL NUMBER on the E-voucher to apply online at apply.central.edu.gh. VISA branded cards and MTN Mobile Money can also be used to purchase E-vouchers online.
Applications for 2023 will open on 01 June 2022 and close on 30 September 2022.
There will be no second-semester applications for 2022.
Visit Programmes Offered for a full A to Z list of programmes at CUT.
What documents should I have ready for application?
1. Current Matriculants: upload Final Grade 11 results or June results.
2. Already Matriculated applicants: you will have to upload your certified ID and Senior Certificate.
3. Higher Qualifications than matric: you will have to upload your certified ID, Senior Certificate, your qualification(s) and study record.
4. Postgraduate Applicants: Visit the Head of the Department / Assistant Deans, Research Innovation and Engagement to discuss research project for Masters or Doctorate study before applying online, see link for more information https://www.cut.ac.za/graduate-school.
Application to the CUT is free
Individuals are promoting that they can assist prospective students in applying. The Central University of Technology, Free State (CUT) would like to warn all prospective students that there is no way other than the process described here for application.
If you are asked for money to assist you with your application, you are being swindled by scammers.
No application fee. No authorized consultants to assist with the application.
Ready to apply?
- Residences | Step-by-step guide to apply on the system (PDF)
- Online Application: New Application | Re-apply | CUT students continuing
Need more information?
- Go to Prospective student
- International Students for assistance contact the Center for Global Engagement (CGE)
- Allow for a 4 to 6 week period for feedback from date of application.
- You can use the online system to Check Application Status.
Have trouble with the system PIN or student number?
We have been receiving several enquiries about student number and/or PIN for the application system.
A guide has been created to assist. Download the CUT PIN and/or student nr guide (PDF)
Download the How to Apply Online – A System Guide (PDF)
Watch: Step-by-step How to Apply Online – A System Guide 2022
E-mail enquiries to [email protected]