GENERAL STUDIES FULL NOTES FORM 5 And 6
General Studies is a multidisciplinary subject offered at different levels of education. Its scope varies by country.
What is general study?
General study can be defined as a multi-disciplinary Course drawing up and discussing content from different field of study.
It generally touches the contents from arts and science courses in disciplines like Biology, Geography, Sociology, Physics, Chemistry, Religions, Civics, Psychology, Philosophy and Political science.
General studies puts much emphasis on nurturing important skills like critical thinking skills, solving skills and participation skills.
All these are emphasized to bring betterment of life level of a learner for individual development and national at large.
BETTERMENTS OF GENERAL STUDIES TO A LEARNER
General studies give a learner the following betterment as it is considered well.
1. A learner becomes conscious and aware of all social, economic and political issues.
2. It gives skills, experience, confidence and analytical ability to learner from the courses under taken.
3. General studies make learner current on the rapid changing world.
4. It improved the art of reasoning critically to a learner.
5. It also advances a learner with knowledge of different disciplines of studies.
6. General studies yields good and competent political leaders.
7. It also awakes civilians in proper utilization of natural resources present.
8. From General studies learner will develop a good creativity spirit for their betterments.
GENERAL STUDIES TOPICS:
TOPIC 1: MAN, PHILOSOPHY AND RELIGION
TOPIC 2: CONTEMPORARY / CROSS-CUTTING ISSUES IN TANZANIA
TOPIC 3: SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY IN DEVELOPMENT
TOPIC 4: DEMOCRATIC PROCESS AND PRACTICES
THE ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF INDIVUAL CITIZENS AND CIVIL SOCIETY ORGANISATIONS IN A DEMOCRATIC SOCIETY
TOPIC 5: INTERNATIONAL AFFAIRS
TOPIC 6: LIFE SKILLS
OBJECTIVES OF GENERAL STUDIES
a) To promote creativity and critical thinking on decision making.
b) To promote awareness of co temporally issues affecting the society e.g. Discuss Environmental issues etc.
c) To influence patriotism and practice of good moral value.
d) To develop self reliance awareness and independent learning to people.
e) To broaden communication skills to people.
f) To illustrate individual roles, duties and responsibilities.