HESLB Loan Allocation Majina Waliopata Mkopo 2022/2023
What Makes Us Unique
The Higher Education Students’ Loans Board (HESLB) is a legal entity established under Act No.9 of 2004 (as amended in 2007, 2014, and 2016) to assist needy and eligible Tanzanian students in obtaining loans and grants for higher education.
HESLB’s primary responsibilities
1. To assist needy students who have been admitted to accredited higher learning institutions but lack the financial means to pay for their education.
2. To collect past-due loans from loan recipients and use them as a revolving fund to support the Board’s operations.
3. Creating synergies through strategic partnerships in the student financing ecosystem
To provide loans and grants to needy and eligible Tanzanian Students for Higher and Tertiary Education.
To be a reliable and sustainable revolving fund in financing eligible Tanzanian Students for Higher and Tertiary Education.
The core values that will guide HESLB
We hold ourselves accountable for our own results and encourage ownership by taking initiative and doing what is best for our organization.
We feel obligated to improve things, to strive for excellence, and to act in ways that advance our organization’s goals. We will be held accountable for our own actions as well as the actions of our teams.
2. Integrity and dedication
We are passionate and intensely focused on serving our clients (higher education students) with integrity in order for them to achieve their goals. We follow through on our promises.
As individuals and as a company, we are committed to serving our clients and stakeholders. We place a high value on all of our customers and stakeholders.
We are dedicated to achieving common goals through open and honest communication and collaboration with one another, as well as showing concern and support for one another and, most importantly, our clients. We believe that combining a variety of talents, skills, and experiences yields the best results.
We value inclusiveness, fairness, transparency, and justice, which we want to see continue, and because we are primarily concerned with the needs of the disadvantaged, low-income communities most impacted by our work, we place a special emphasis on reflecting those needs.
We strive to personalize the client experience by providing high-quality services that meet our clients’ and suppliers’ expectations and requirements.
We aim to add value to our clients’ careers by providing tailored higher education financial assistance.
General Eligibility Criteria as Pronounced by the Act
General Eligibility criteria require an applicant to meet the following conditions: –
1. Must be Tanzanian;
2. Must have applied for a loan through the Online Loan Application and Management System (OLAMS);
3. Must have been admitted to an accredited Higher Education Institution on full time basis;
4. For Students Admitted at the Open University of Tanzania (OUT), eligible students will be considered for tuition fee and books and stationery expenses;
5. Must not have other sources of funding to finance his/her education;
6. For undergraduate applicants, must not have a formal or regular income from employment, either public or private
7. Must be a continuing student with results/progress reports to show that he/she has passed the examinations necessary to enable him/her to advance to the following year or stage of study;
8. For a student’s loan beneficiary seeking to re-apply for loan after dropping out from one programme/college/university) he/she must repay at least 25% of the previous loan amount before applying for a new loan. Payment of 25% of the previously granted loan is not a guarantee for new loan allocation.
Additional Eligibility Criteria
1. Loans shall be allocated in the order of established Neediness, academic excellence and programme clustering (priority).
2. Continuing Students applying for loans for the first time must have completed ACSEE or other equivalent qualifications within Five (5) years, e. from 2018-2022 inclusive.
3. All other applicants who will secure admission to pursue various degree programmes in the academic year 2022/2023 must have completed their ACSEE or other equivalent qualifications within five (5) years, e. from 2018-2022 inclusive.
TO SEE LOAN ALLOCATION CLICK THE LINK BELLOW | KUONA HESLB Loan Allocation Majina Waliopata Mkopo 2022/2023 BOFYA HAPA