How to Clear Cache History in Different Browsers
Any website you visit consists of thousands of media files, and sometimes it may take a lot of time for browser application to load all the website’s content.
The first time you visit a site, your browser duplicates original values of the website in order to make it load faster next time you visit it. This process is called caching.
When some changes to the website are made, it is necessary to clear the browser’s cache, since some values of the website may be saved on the computer, and the browser will keep opening the old cached version of the website, so the changes will not be seen.
You can find the detailed instructions on how to clear cache in different browsers for the Windows operating system below.
1. Google Chrome
1. Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar, select More Tools and then Clear Browsing Data:
3. Click Clear browsing data.
4. You can also press Ctrl + Shift + Delete in the browser’s window check off the content to remove and click on Clear browsing data.
2. Mozilla Firefox
1. At the top of the Firefox window, click on Settings button and then select Options:
2. Select the Privacy & Security tab.
3. In the Cookies and Site Data section, click Clear Data >> Clear:
You can also press Ctrl + Shift + Delete in the browser’s window, check off the content to remove and click on the Clear Now button:
3. Microsoft Edge
1. Open Microsoft Edge Browser and click on the Hub icon (three horizontal dots at the top bar) and then click the History icon:
2. Now click Clear all history:
3. Now select Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click Clear:
1. Click on the Opera button in the top left corner, then select Settings:
2. Go to Privacy & security and click Clear browsing data…:
Make sure only the following are checked:
- Cookies and other site data
- Cached images and files
5. Internet Explorer 9, 10
1. Select Tools >> Internet options:
2. Open the General tab >> Click on the Delete button:3. Check needed options and click on the Delete button:
1. Click on Tools (the gear icon) >> Reset Safari:
2. Check all the needed options, then click on the Reset button:
7. Mozilla Firefox
To clear your browsing history in Firefox on the desktop, click the three-line menu icon in the top-right corner of the browser and then navigate to Library > History > Clear Recent History. You can also press Ctrl+Shift+Delete to open this tool on Windows or press Command+Shift+Delete on a Mac.
To delete your entire browsing history, select “Everything” at the top of the window and check “Browsing & Download History” in the detailed list of items to clear. You can also choose to clear other types of private data from here, including your cookies, browser cache, offline website data, and website-specific preferences.
8. Safari on iPhone and iPad
To clear your browsing history on Safari on an iPhone or iPad, you’ll need to visit the Settings app. Open the Settings app and then nagivate to Safari > Clear History and Website Data. Tap the “Clear History and Data” option to confirm your choice.
This button will clear all sensitive browsing data, including your cookies and cache.
If you’re using another browser, you should be able to easily find a “clear browsing history” option somewhere in its menus or on its settings screen. For example, in Opera, this option is at menu > More tools > Clear browsing data.