How To Get Health Insurance in Tanzania | Jinsi Ya Kupata Bima Ya Afya
The National Health Insurance Fund (NHIF)
The National Health Insurance Fund (NHIF) is a Social Health Insurance Institution established under the National Health Insurance Act, Cap 395 with the main objective of ensuring accessibility of health care services to people.
It is a Government entity that operates under the Ministry of Health Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MHCDGEC). The management of the Fund is vested to the Board of Directors while its day to day operations are overseen by the Director General.
The Fund considers health insurance as a societal affair rather than an individual need and thus operates under the principles of risk sharing and solidarity among members.
To be the leading health insurance scheme of choice in the Sub-Saharan Region
Dedicated to providing quality social health insurance to beneficiaries to access health care services through a wide network of accredited health facilities.
Members can confidently trust in the impeccable integrity of the NHIF. In all the approaches and behavior, the Fund will inculcate a culture that reflects the following values:-
Dedicated to providing quality health care
The core functions of the Fund are to:-
- Register members and issue identity cards;
- Collect contributions;
- Certify health service providers for provision of health care services to members;
- Reimbursement of health service providers’ claims;
- Invest the excess funds collected in order to earn income;
- Carry out Actuarial Assessment and Valuation; and
- Provide health insurance education to the public.
Documents You Need to Register as an NHIF Tanzania Member
1. Identification card; either a driving license, passport, voter’s card or national ID.
2. Recent coloured passport photo
3. For religious denominations wishing to register with NHIF should submit a registration request letter to any NHIF office nearby.
4. For children under the age of 18 years, a birth certificate will be needed.
5. Learning institutions wishing to register their students must apply and be registered to the Fund as an employer.
6. Mutual groups wishing to register to NHIF should accompany their application forms with their registration certificate, Constitution, list of all members and TIN Number Certificate.
7. To register a spouse as a dependant you must include an identification card and marriage certificate.
Thank you for sharing superb informations. Your web site is very cool. I’m impressed by the details that you?¦ve on this web site. It reveals how nicely you perceive this subject. Bookmarked this web page, will come back for extra articles. You, my pal, ROCK! I found simply the information I already searched everywhere and simply could not come across. What a perfect web-site.