National Service was established on 10th July 1963 emanating from the ideas of the Father of the Nation, the late President Julius K Nyerere who once said ” National Service is the demand made by the Nation on youth and youth response in fulfilling their duty in building the Nation”.
The National Service was established by the National Service Act to bring together the youths of Tanzania for the following purpose:
- Work together in order to build the sense of nationalism.
- Develop cultural and sociological awareness.
- Provide skills, build economic independency, and reduce unemployment.
- Train and develop the youth for national service and assist the government during natural disasters and calamities.
- Build and develop the national economy.
- Provide military training for national defense.
CALL TO JOIN JKT TRAINING TRAINING ACCORDING TO LAW IN 2021
The Army for Nation Building (JKT), is inviting young people who graduated from secondary education form six in 2021, from all schools in mainland Tanzania to attend JKT training in accordance with the law.
Graduates with Physical Disabilities report to the Ruvu JKT camp located in Mlandizi Coast Region which has infrastructure to serve the people of the community.
JKT urges the youths to report with the following equipment.
- The ‘Dark Blue’ color Bukta with a elastic at the waist (elastic), with one bag at the back, knee-length, without zipper.
- Green Vest T-shirt
- Green or blue sports eraser.
- Two blue bed sheets.
- Long black socks.
- Cold protection clothing for those assigned to cold regions.
- Track green or blue suit
- Fares to go to camps and back home.
The management of the National Service releases the names of form six leavers selected to join The national service training for the 2021 intake