NZEGA TOWN COUNCIL
Nzega Town Council is one of the eight Tabora Regional Councils located between Longitude 32o 30 ’- 33o 30’ East Grinwichi and Latitude 30 45 ’- 5000’ Southern Equator; and has an area of 720 square kilometers. North and West it is bordered by Igunga District.
According to the 2012 population and housing census, Nzega Town Council had a total of 87,860 people out of which 43,051 men and 44,809 women and it is estimated that the population growth is 2.9% per annum.
The economy of most of Nzega Town Council residents depends on agriculture, livestock and trade, and this agricultural activity is estimated to provide employment to Nzega Town residents at 85% of the total population of the Council, thus contributing to 80% of council output where a resident is approximately 1,729,800 shillings per year.
1. LEADERSHIP: Council is committed to providing the highest standard of civic leadership and performance for the betterment of our community.
2. COMMUNITY PARTICIPATION: Council encourages community participation and involvement in the life of our district and values the contribution made by each person.
3. EQUITY & TRANSPARENCY: Equity, consistency and transparency is paramount in Council decisions and processes to ensure fairness to all sectors of our community.
4. QUALITY: Council seeks to continuously improve productivity, services, facilities and processes and to create a reputation for excellence within our financial capabilities to enhance the quality of life of our community in an economically sustainable manner.
5. RESPONSIVENESS: Council seeks to be responsive to the needs and aspirations of our community.
6. SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT: Council is committed to the effective management of its infrastructure assets to facilitate appropriate development that is economically, environmentally and socially sustainable to ensure the wellbeing of our community.
7. EXPLICITY: Council will ensure that, as far as possible, our rules & regulations, by-laws, and operational procedures are simple, clear and precise.
8. ACCOUNTABILITY: Council will not make promises that cannot be kept and will continue to operate prudently within our means to ensure our ongoing financial sustainability. RESPONSIBILITY: Councilor and staff shall discharge their responsibilities efficiently, diligently with discipline and honesty.
9. CONFLICT OF INTEREST: NTC Councilor and staff shall avoid personal conflict of interest in Council business, shall exercise self-commitment and shall abide to the rule of law when executing his/her duties.