SIFA ZA KUJISAJILI NA KUFANYA MTIHANI WA DARASA 7 PSLE
THE NATIONAL EXAMINATIONS COUNCIL OF TANZANIA (NECTA)
The National Examinations Council of Tanzania (NECTA) is a Government Institution that was established by the Parliamentary Act No. 21 of 1973.
NECTA is responsible for the administration of all National Examinations in Tanzania.
Primary School Leaving Examination (PSLE)
This is a selection test that enables the government to select from one entrant for its schools. Students who get selected and those who are not, receive certificates.
The Examination Calendar
PSLE is administered in the second week of September every year.
The objectives of PSLE
The objectives of PSLE are:
1. To assess learner’s skills and knowledge gained in the different subjects at the primary school level
2. To assess learners’ understanding of the basic skills and abilities in reading, writing, and arithmetic
3. To measure the extent that which they can use such skills in solving pertinent problems in life
4. To identify learners with the capacity to continue with secondary education and other training institutions.
Eligibility of Candidates who Seat for the Examination
Any pupil who has completed standard seven in both government and private schools can be registered and sit for this examination.
The examined subjects at PSLE are:
- Hisabati (Mathematics)
- English Language
- Sayansi (Science)
- Maarifa ya Jamii (Social Studies)
Each subject has an examination format, which describes the structure of the examination paper, and the content in which that particular examination covers.
The details of subjects addressed are shown in individual examinations formats that can be accessed in the examination formats link.