UCT University of Cape Town Application For 2023
The Institution of Cape Town (UCT) is a public research university in Cape Town, South Africa’s Western Cape province. The University of South Africa was founded in 1829 as the South African College, making it the country’s oldest university.
Commerce, Engineering & the Built Environment, Health Sciences, Humanities, Law, and Science are among the diploma, undergraduate, and postgraduate programmes offered by the university.
Each year, from April 1st to July 30th, applications are accepted for the academic year 2023-2024. (Applications received after this date will not be considered; please apply early in the application cycle to ensure your application is examined.)
UCT is an inclusive and engaged African research-intensive university that inspires creativity through outstanding achievements in learning, discovery, and citizenship, all while improving the lives of its students and staff, advancing a more equitable and sustainable social order, and shaping the global higher education landscape.
University of Cape Town (UCT) Undergraduate Programs Online Application Deadline 2023/2024
For all undergraduate programmes, applications for admission in 2023 will commence on April 1, 2022, and will close on July 31, 2022. Late applications are not considered by the university.
Meanwhile, the general application period for all of the University of Cape Town’s programmes for the 2023 academic year runs from January 10 to November 30, 2022.
Faculties Of University of Cape Town
Available Faculties at the University of Cape Town Online Application (UCT) 2023/2024 academic year are as follows:
- Alphabetical list
- Faculty fact sheets
- Engineering & the Built Environment (EBE)
- Health Sciences
- Graduate School of Business (GSB)
- Centre for Higher Education Development (CHED)
University of Cape Town (UCT) Admission Requirements 2022
- Applicant must obtain grade 12
- A valid copy of your Identity Document
- Proof of the payment receipt of your application fee. This fee is not refundable.
- A unique email address when applying either online or in a hard copy.
How To Apply Online For The University Of Cape Town 2023-2024
You can fill out an application online. In order to apply online you will need a working email address and your South African identity number, or, if you are an international applicant, your passport number:
- Undergraduate application. (2023 Application for undergraduate admission form)
- Postgraduate application. ( apply online).
University of Cape Town (UCT) Application Fees
University of Cape Town Online Application (UCT) 2022/2023 ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
To be eligible for consideration read carefully about the admission requirement before you apply. Before applying, carefully read the step-by-step process of the application instructions. You can download UCT Prospectus 2022 in pdf format from www.uct.ac.za.
How To Track Your Application
- Once you have applied, you can track your application status here
- Enter your log-in details which was given to you during the initial application process
- You’ll now be on the Student Centre page
- Click on ‘Admissions’
- Click on ‘Overall Application Status’
- This page will show your current Academic Application, Housing and Funding Application statuses.
On the same page, you can confirm your admission offer.
Final acceptance is dependent on your final school leaving results meeting the minimum admission requirements for your chosen programme, or the submission of your final academic record and certificate of conduct if you are studying elsewhere.
UCT is South Africa’s oldest university and has its main campus on the slopes of Table Mountain in Rondebosch. There is also a medical campus, aligned to the famous Groote Schuur Hospital; a fine art campus in central Cape Town; and the Middle campus which houses the music, arts and related disciplines.