University of Limpopo Online Applications For 2023 | Apply Now
The University of Limpopo is the result of a merger between the former Medical University of Southern Africa and the University of the North, which merger occurred on 01 January 2005.
The Medical University of Southern Africa (MEDUNSA) was established in 1976 to provide tertiary education and training facilities to the educationally disadvantaged in the fields of Medicine, Allied Health and Nursing Sciences, and Dentistry intended to meet the health needs of the country.
The Campus is situated to the north-west of Pretoria. Its grounds extend over some 350 ha adjoining the Ga-Rankuwa Township and are easily accessible by roads and rail. Regular bus and taxi services operate between Pretoria and Dr George Mukhari Hospital as well as between Mabopane and Medunsa.
The extension of University Education Act of 1959 made provision for the establishment of racially exclusive universities for black South Africans. Under the provisions of the Act, the University College of the North was established about thirty kilometres from the Limpopo Province town of Polokwane on 01 August 1959.
The College was placed under the academic trusteeship of the University of South Africa. This formative relationship was maintained until the South African Parliament promulgated the University of the North Act (Act No. 47 of 1969) thus bringing to an end the College status as of 01 January
To be a leading African University focused on the developmental needs of its communities and epitomizing academic excellence and innovativeness
A University which response actively:
- To the development needs of its students, staff , and communities,
- Through relevant and higher quality education and training, research and community engagement, and
- In partnership and collaboration with its stakeholders.
- Academic Freedom
- Excellence and Professionalism
Faculties at the University of Limpopo
- Health Sciences
- Science & Agriculture
- Management & Law
How to Apply to UL University of Limpopo
National Senior Certificate (NSC) with Bachelor exemption
Prospective students, with an NSC, who wish to gain entry to any undergraduate programme at the University of Limpopo, should comply with the following:
- Life Orientation with an achievement level of at least three (3).
- Aligned with the language policy of the university, English as a language of learning and teaching with an achievement level of at least three (3).
- The required minimum levels of achievement in specific subjects as stipulated in the Calendars of each Faculty, provided that:
- Four 20-credit subjects were achieved with a minimum NSC achievement level of four (4) for degree programmes and
- Four 20-credit subjects were achieved with a minimum NSC achievement level of three (3) for diploma programmes.
- The required Admission Point Score (APS) as stipulated in the Calendars of each Faculty.
Meeting the minimum APS for a particular programme does not, however, guarantee admission.
Matriculation Certificate (prior 2008)
Students, who successfully completed Grade 12 before 2008, can apply for admission to the University with the normal Grade 12 Senior Certificate with full university exemption by converting their grade symbols to an APS.
National Certificate (Vocational)
<> Students who have successfully completed a National Certificate Vocational NC(V) Level 4 qualification will require the following and will be subject to Faculty Admission Specifications and Placement Tests:
<> NC(V) level 4 certificate with 3 fundamental subjects 60% (Life Orientation included) and 4 relevant vocational subjects at 70% for degree programmes.
<> NC(V) level 4 certificate with 3 fundamental subjects 50% (Life Orientation included) and 3 compulsory vocational subjects at 60% for diploma programmes.
Admission Requirements for first entering students
Step 1: All applications can be done online by visiting click here
Step 2: Online application has a handling fee of R200 for South African applicants, and R750 for International Applicants.
Step 3: The University bank account numbers to be used for application handling fee deposits is:
Account Name : University of Limpopo
Bank Name : Standard Bank
Branch Name : Polokwane Square
Branch Code : 051001
Account No. : 030131405
Reference No. : Applicant’s ID numbers / Passport Numbers
Step 4: All enquiries should be directed to our call centre on the following contact details:
Call Centre No. : 015 268 3332
Email Address: [email protected]
Step 5:Both the undergraduate and Post graduate prospectuses are available on our website for ease of reference.
Note: Make sure that you meet or exceed the admission requirements as set out on the prospectus. Only Bachelor Certificate holders are eligible to apply for admission.
Upload certified copies of the following in PDF format when you apply for undergraduate studies:
- Your ID if you are a South African citizen
- Your passport if you are an international student
- Your guardian/parent’s ID or passport if you are younger than 18 years
- National Senior Certificate if you have already matriculated
- Your final Grade 11 results with the school’s stamp if you are still in Grade 12
- Your academic record, only if you are a current student at another institution of higher learning
- USAf accreditation from the examination board for South African universities, only if you are an international student. Apply to mb.usaf.ac.za for conditional exemption, foreign conditional exemption, or mature age conditional exemption.